We get stuck in this dream :( Let me pls know, if I understand rules wrong and I will be glad for advice.
1) For entering into dream is necessary to have 4 or more madness.
2) Entities can move/be moved diagonally (but Dreamers are not Entities), so only way how to travel between tiles is use free action 053/013.
3) Log 013 give You madness, wrong log attempt give You madness and injury, Murderer gives You madness/injury.
4) Even with maximum efficiency is necessary travel more than twice during night, so You lose because of madness and only way how to reduce madness is spent Ether.
What I am missing? We do not see how to make this dream successfully.
Thx. for answer.
1) You are right. This requirement of at least 4 madness to enter, is what makes this dream frustratingly difficult.
2) Right again, dreamers can only move between tiles with the 013/053 script.
3) Script 013 gives you madness, but wrong attempt at completing a task gives you madness OR damage (better to take damage in this dream). Anyway it's quite obvious from the description of each task which space you must use.
4) Wrong. If you know exactly what to do ( remember to read all scripts and hints carefully) you have to travel 4 times during night for the whole dream.
How I finally beat that dream:
a) I played it twice. The 2nd time I knew what I had to do until the Thursday night part.
b) Before entering the 2nd time, I visited the Return to the witch house dream and made a Calmness potion (the one that cures 3 madness). Also upon entering the dream, I chose to lose 1 madness.
c) I added to my deck 1 card with relocation effect from my unused card pile. I used it during the night to avoid script 013.
Despite all these, I manage to win during the last turn! But it was so satisfying! 🥳